Wednesday, January 25, 2006

California – the tough life

I overheard Amelle telling Auntie Wendy that her dad was on a field trip visiting the planes. Jermaine left for California on a business trip on Monday, it’s so funny to hear things from a child’s point of view.

What I found even more amusing was the viewpoint of a loving mother: During the course of my conversation with Sylvia last week, my wonderful mother-in-law says to me, “So, Jermaine is going out to California next week, that’s gonna be tiring for him, all that travel”. I had to laugh. TIRING? Try staying home with three kids – one of which is a colicky newborn!! Jermaine is going to sunny California, staying in a nice hotel, sleeping without the fear of crushing the 12-pounder, dining out every meal – and HE’S going to be tired? We got a good laugh out of that one!

Jermaine called last night, he said the weather was a perfect 70 degrees. Had eaten Salmon (his favorite) for lunch, so had decided that he was going to order the filet mignon at Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I had some leftover macaroni and the scraps from Avery’s taco.

Poor Jermaine.

5 comments:

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

:-D
that's too funny! what IS jermaine doing out there?
make sure you get some pictures when you go up north this weekend! i'm anxious to see everything!

Kristy & John said...

Yeah, I hate hearing my mom say, "don't get mad at him - it's not like he's going on vacation - he has to work" when John goes away. Work, huh - free meals, nice restaurants, hanging out with the guys for drinks - sounds like a nice getaway to me!! I wish Cardinal would send me away on business :(

Kristy & John said...

Yeah, I hate hearing my mom say, "don't get mad at him - it's not like he's going on vacation - he has to work" when John goes away. Work, huh - free meals, nice restaurants, hanging out with the guys for drinks - sounds like a nice getaway to me!! I wish Cardinal would send me away on business :(

The Gawel's said...

You are to funny! I wish they would have a "work" trip for stay at home moms as well. If you want a break from the older two, send them over- it will be a highlight for Ashlyn. If you need extra hands to hold the baby, send her over, it will be a highlight for me!

Rich and Trish Duggan said...

rich and i used to talk about this stuff all the time. he would sulk and say how much he was gonna miss me and the kids. my suggestion was never much of an option...TAKE US WITH YOU!! (although we did get to go to Michigan with him!!!) staying home 24/7 with three kids is NO PICNIC!!