Friday, April 07, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad...

My dad would've been 59 today. I have been missing him a lot lately, not sure if it's because his birthday was coming up, or just the stress of the move making me "emotional" about things.

Jermaine had a great idea last night, "how 'bout once we live in Maine if we all get together for his birthday every year?" I like that idea. We can eat shrimp (his favorite), watch old home movies, laugh, and reminisce about how much fun he was.

My dad was great, he had such an impact on the lives of so many through the little league program in NH. He actually started the softball program so that I wouldn't have to play baseball! He also started a handicapped league and was involved in fundraising for the Jimmy fund. He began volunteering when Shaun was in diapers and continued until well after we were out of college. I wish he were here today to play catch with Avery. Boy, he really would've enjoyed playing with his SIX grandchildren.

6 comments:

Kristy & John said...

That is a great idea! It is so important to have your kids remember their grandfather - and it is up to you and Jermaine to tell them about your dad and the great things that he did. I know that I will do the same with my kids and it will help me to deal with losing my dad because you can still celebrate his life every day! Unfortunately, I've came to realize that the phrase everyone wants to tell you "it gets better" is not true - I think I miss my dad more now then when he first passed away - but I know that he always with me in my heart!

the5moores said...

Yes

MaineMomKC5 said...

Your father's memory will live on through the funny videos (with groovy music) he made, great pictures and stories. I like the idea of going to Markey's or some other seafood joint on his birthday every year and toasting him.

Happy birthday Tim!

MaineMomKC5 said...

Your father's memory will live on through the funny videos (with groovy music) he made, great pictures and stories. I like the idea of going to Markey's or some other seafood joint on his birthday every year and toasting him.

Happy birthday Tim!

FloridaMom said...

He was the BEST DAD and equal to Jermaine and Shaun. He sure did love kids.

I think celebrating his birthday yearly would make him proud.

MaineMomKC5 said...

I agree a yearly "seafood feast" on his birthday would be a great way to honor a great man. His memory will live on through videos, pictures and stories. He made Shaun the man he is - a great father and husband. I'm thankful everyday for him!