Saturday, April 15, 2006

My dad can beat up your dad!

Sorry to those who aren't down with my religious philosophy, but it IS Easter weekend so you'll have to grant me a pardon...

When the Roman soldiers came to arrest Jesus they were armed with swords and clubs. Some of Jesus'disciples tried to take on the soldiers, but Jesus rebuked them, "put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?" (Matthew 26:52-53)

I love that. I love that we can call upon our Heavenly Father for protection, for guidance, for companionship, for anything. I love that God is in control because He has my best interests at heart. It's so comforting to know that He is the ultimate puppet-master. I don't have to worry about a thing because He has already got it covered and it always works to my advantage (even if I don't see it that way).

Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Artz Fartz said...

My Dad IS your Dad! :-)

Happy Easter to you too!
Love ya!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

seth made an interesting comment the other day about Jesus being on the cross...we were talking about how He didn't need to say anything on the cross (but He did) and how He followed the will of His Father by dying on the cross. seth brought up the point that Christ's the one with the power to hold all the molecules on the cross together! just thought that was kind of a neat thing....