Monday, April 17, 2006

The Simple Life

For those wondering how life at "the in-laws" is going, we'll it's week three and I couldn't be happier. In fact, I'm considering just ditching the whole Maine thing and staying here with Sylvia forever - at least until the children are self-sufficient. Yes it's true.
First, she can't get enough of holding Amaya. She baths the kids, she dresses them, undresses them, feeds them, takes them to the park, and loves them as much and as well as I do. Its totally like having a second set of arms to help me.
Second, she has noticed that her son is a total man, and I think she has some empathy for me for having to pick up his underwear and plead with him repeatedly to do the simplest of chores. (Oh yeh, she's on my side Jermaine!..you don't know it, but she asked me when you got to be such a slob - I told her that it happened on her watch, not mine...I'm not taking the blame for that!)
Third, she cooks. It's so wonderful to eat food that I haven't had to prepare. It's the best. Last week she even made my lunch! Yes, chicken to put on my salad. It's true.
Forth, work is 12 minutes from her house, 25 from my old house.
Fifth, her iron is the bomb. I am not moving out of here without a Rowanda. I love that thing, I have to have one.
Sixth, she's here when Jermaine has to go away on business trips so I don't have to be alone w/three kids. She's like a back up for Jermaine, it's great!
Lastly, my mother-in-law is also my friend and I enjoy spending time talking to her in the evening after the kids are in bed. I guess that would be the one downfall, I often miss my 9pm bedtime! :-)

6 comments:

MaineMomKC5 said...

Erin, you kill me! It's a ROWENTA iron - not Rowanda! That's a place in East Central Africa (as in Hotel Rowanda). You are too funny!!!

And yes, they are the best irons! I bought one awhile back and love it! I remember Shaun and I were in Sears looking at irons. All the sales staff would come around and whisper "Rowenta" near us. It was comical!!

Since you aren't moving to Maine, I'll put a stop-payment on that moose head I ordered for your fireplace mantle.

T5M said...

It's Rowenta for white people, black people use Rowandas, thank you very much.

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

My mother-in-law is right up there with Sylvia...for Easter she cooked a wonderful meal for Seth, me, my parents, her husband, her ex-husband & his mom and her two step-sons...and it was an enjoyable afternoon! Takes a very special person to do that!! :-)

MaineMomKC5 said...

I have a wonderful mother-in-law as well! She takes us out to dinner and "forgets" her credit card!!!

Just kidding! Joline is the best mother-in-law a girl could ask for!

FloridaMom said...

It's true! Not once, but twice. I took Shaun and Wendy out to eat and forgot my credit card. The look on my son's and daughter-in-law's face was priceless! I'm sure, in that one split second, they thought, "Why did I order the most expensive thing on the menu". It all worked out in the end but they now asked me if I have my credit card before leaving the house.

I just bought myself a Rowenta iron last week. Wish I had not live all these years without it!

Kristy & John said...

That's funny - my brother and sister-in-law almost always forget their credit cards when they go out to eat with my mom. Boy I sure hope their not reading this - and I can't even say that I'm joking!