Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Super "Purse-on"

Ever know someone that makes you sit back and think to yourself, "when I grow up, I want to be like him/her?" Well, when I grow up, I want to be like Amy. Amy sews. I could never sew in a million years because sewing requires patience, which I have zero of. I'm praying for it though - it must be one of those slow blossoming fruits (..the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control - Galatians 5:22-23).

Anyway, with this talent, Amy makes handbags, keychains, belts, baby blankets, and all sorts of other creations that are absolutely beautiful. Wendy picked up this little number recently and didn't hesitate to e-mail me pictures so I could hate her. Amy sells her handbags under the label "Amy E". Though I am loyal to Coach, I'd rather sport one of Amy's handbags. Let's face it, there is nothing special about a Coach bag, they're probably produced in a foreign sweatshop. Amaya was privileged enough to receive a baby blanket from Amy, which is so beautiful that I'm afraid to let her use it!

She's in the process of getting a website, when it's up and running I'll let you know so that you can get one of these hand crafted items for yourself. Until then, we'll all have to sit back and envy Wendy & Amaya.

5 comments:

PhillyFilly said...

What a cute purse! A woman at my church makes bags (I think there more for old people like me). You know how I LOVE to shop!! let me know if she gets a website.

T5M said...

Yes, your quite a shopper!

MaineMomKC5 said...

Maybe I'll letcha borrow it Erin!

MaineMomKC5 said...

It's so great to have quality friends in my life!

FloridaMom said...

I saw this bag in person. Quality, through and through. By the way, my birthday is coming up next month!!!!