Sunday, April 30, 2006

Teeth comin' & goin'

I've got two growing teeth and one losing them. Yup, Amelle lost her first tooth last week.

When Amelle turned five one of the first things she did was inform me that she was not going to lose teeth until she was six. She knew that Avery began losing his teeth at five and that there was blood involved. The $1 bounty from the tooth fairy wasn't enough enticement for her to want to lose teeth early.

So when she announced early last week that she had a loose tooth, Jermaine and I were shocked and afraid. We figured that Amelle would try to superglue it back in so that she could hang onto it a bit longer. Nope! She and I were walking along the aisle of Target and she excitedly announced that she lost her tooth! She was so excited!

11 comments:

FloridaMom said...

Amelle is so beautiful with or without teeth! Happy to hear that she took it so well.

Kids can be so resilient when you least expect it.

MaineMomKC5 said...

It's funny you wrote this blog - I was just thinking about her and if she lost her tooth!!

Tell her I said I'm so excited for her!!

T5M said...

Mom-
I am convinced that almost all of the problems of little children are parent-induced. ...at least until they hit the tweenage years -then hormones are at fault.

Wen,
Great minds...

The blog is a beautiful thing - saves me from actually having to converse with people. :-)

MaineMomKC5 said...

Yes, and it gives nosy people something to do!!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

feels like just yesterday she was getting her teeth! right now i have images of her doing her frankenstein walk when she just started to learn how to walk :-)

FloridaMom said...

Wendy, are you calling me nosy. Well I see you put your two cents in whenever possible.

Erin,
The 51% inheritence has just gone to you. However, that could change daily so watch yourself.

T5M said...

..You ever hear that song "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you" (Carly Simon). That song is brilliant, it's truly brilliant.

Well, I'd change it slightly to "you're so vain, I bet you think this blog is about you don't you don't you...."

FloridaMom said...

I must be insecure and don't even know it!!!!

MaineMomKC5 said...

Yes, I was talking about you MA!

So..I get 49%?

Did I tell you how wonderful you've been looking lately?

FloridaMom said...

Wendy,

Don't start. It will not help! It's 49% until you start acting better

MaineMomKC5 said...

I really love your hair.