Thursday, May 18, 2006

Elected!

So I pick up the phone and I hear the familiar voice “It’s your favorite defending counsel”. He’s usually right about things, and this time is no different; he is my favorite defending counsel. I ask him how he’s doing and he replies, “better than I deserve” (he’s right again). Then he informs me that he won the election that he had been running for – city counsel or something like that. Last time we spoke he had explained the whole thing to me, but I was really only half listening (a bad habit of mine). So now he’s a lawyer and a politician, I inform him that it can’t get any worse; he’s never going to find a good woman. Then I look up his picture on his firm’s website and we joke about what an awful picture it is. “You look like you have dark hair, you’re blonde!” I shriek. “I am?” he asks – only confirming that he is blonde – duh… Then he tells me I’m 13 months away from being middle age and I whine about why they haven’t raised the life expectancy for women yet. I tell him about being old, but feeling immature and he’s on board with that. I explain the "ball incident" (see previous post) and he gives a little chuckle - clearly he's not as immature as I am. He thinks he’s going to use this move to Maine to dump Jermaine and I but I tell him that’s not going to happen, he’s stuck with us. Now that he’s a politician he’s definitely stuck with us – Jim might be the only hope that we have to actually know the President of the United States one day. Who knows where he’s going to go with this city counsel thing, I say we keep in touch just in case. All this to say that I’m proud of Jim, congratulations on winning your election!

4 comments:

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

do you know his new title?! commitee WOMAN! seriously!!! :-) that's what was on the ticket!!
ps-the quote from my mom...they're watching winchester this weekend. i talked to them last night...apparently the big guy hasn't been very nice with murphy :-(

T5M said...

That's terrible!! ...unless of course they know something that we don't!!

:-)

He's already been bashed by the left - google his name, you'll find it!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

this blog: (operationyellowelephant.blogspot.com) screwed up his picture and little blurb...they also refer to him as the "best oralist"? that doesn't sound so nice....:-P

T5M said...

I was trying not to give them a plug! :-)

I made a comment on their blog informing them that they messed him up - take a peek...

I find it ironic that those who are in opposition to the war are trying to recruit for the military.

What's wrong with your blogger photo - it's not showing up...