Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Good Advice

Okay, you’re probably over reading about lyrics – but I heard a song yesterday that had some good advice that I’d like to pass along:

You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Slim,

The song is “Don’t mess around with Jim” by Jim Croce. I only know that because my car radio came equipped with a fancy “caller ID thing” that tells you the name of the song and artist. This is very helpful to me because it’s been a long time since I’ve listened to a station that plays music. Avery once asked me why we had to listen to commercials all the time (referring to my beloved talk radio).

Anyway, I’m passing along this advice because I’ve performed two of the above with poor results. Spitting into the wind – yes. Twice. I tried to spit out of my car window. (I had a cold – okay?! …don’t even try to act like you haven’t ever had to spit before). The first time I ended up with spit across my cheek and on the inside of my car, the second time I ended up with dribble down my chin and window. I’ve also messed around with Slim, and that was no picnic either. Yes, that was really his name – it was even tattooed on his boney little arm, in case he forgot.

That being said, I’ve learned from my mistakes and you won’t find me trying to pull the mask off of the Lone Ranger or tugging on Superman’s cape (or Santa Claus’ beard for that matter).

You know, they really don’t write songs like that any more, it’s a shame.

7 comments:

MaineMomKC5 said...

You-know-who used to sing that song!! Ha ha....memories...............

Remember our song - Spiders and Snakes? Or something to that effect?

FloridaMom said...

Superman, the Long Ranger and Santa Clause or Slim Jim are serious characters. I'm not touching those dudes with a 10 foot poll. Call me chicken little.

However, making a mistake once is acceptable, twice is almost tolerable. More then that is just plain stupid! People who learn from their mistakes make the world a better place. People who make the same mistakes over and over and over again are......well, we know what they are!

I'm sure there must be some rap song about this, however, I wouldn't know because I can't understand them. Oh, here I go showing my age again!

T5M said...

What are you talking about woman? You're afraid of Santa Claus? Chicken Little? Rap songs? Your confusing me. I may have to check you in to the LTCF early.

Oh, and since I'm in control of 51%, I'm cancelling your European cruise - don't go spending my inheritance.

Remember, 51% of nothing is nothing.

FloridaMom said...

Your right Erin. Yesterday's comments written by me didn't make much sense to me today. Get the LTC bed ready. Belmont Manor here I come!!!!!

No comment from you, Wendy!!

T5M said...

I figured it was post-martini. You can still redeem yourself.

MaineMomKC5 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MaineMomKC5 said...

Ma, no comments from me. Although I would LOVE to make one.