Friday, May 12, 2006

High Fashion off the Highway

Kristy says I'm not in style, but I don't care. All this from a woman who is, as we speak, wearing a watch with a band that is so thick it looks like Wonder Woman could use it to deflect bullets. When I questioned Kristy about her watch she informed me that big watches were "in" and I don't know anything about that. Then she admits that she got it at a rest stop off the highway. If fashion comes from a rest stop, I'll stick with my swiss army watch from ebay, thank you very much.

Then she tells me that she wants me to wear a flip flop (thong) shoe with a kitten heel for her wedding. I frown. She tells me I'm not into fashion and I tell her that I'm going to wear my black white mountain loafers and that's final. I also re-confirm that I'm going to be wearing a life preserver over my dress since she's getting married on a boat.

If being "out" is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

5 comments:

Kristy & John said...

The black cuff watch is very in-style, the fact that it is a designer knock-off and I purchased it at a rest stop only means that I am frugal!

Kristy & John said...

I apologize if I hurt your feelings...

I think I chained my mind about the kitten-heel thongs - I think flippers with the life preserver would look much better!

T5M said...

You're fresh.

I'm going to wear a thong alright - you'll regret the day you ever mentioned thong in my presence. A thong bikini, my life vest, flippers and a snorkel.

...I'll teach you for getting married on a boat! "CLASSY"

MaineMomKC5 said...

I was going to say to you the last time you were here that those jeans you wore (you know the ones - with the zippers on the ankles) were a little "yesterday."

However, I got distracted by Jermaine's Z Cavaricci mustard-colored pants with the tucked in sweater!

One word...HOT!

T5M said...

Those pants match my white balloon sneakers. Hey, how did you see the zippers on the ankles - with my white socks pulled up over my "cinched" jeans?

Years from now Kristy will be making fun of her high-fashion watch while I'll still be wearing my same old swiss army...