Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Little Debate

Last week Jermaine and I got into a bit of a discussion about little people (you know...midgets, there, I said it.). One of us (I won’t mention names) thinks that little people would rather marry big people, but they usually end up with another little person because big people generally like to marry other big people. The other person (no names mentioned) thinks that little people want to marry other little people so they can be the same size as their spouse and they can tailor their homes to their little size. For example, do you think that little people have low kitchen counters and little kid tables and stuff, or do you think they have all regular size things in their houses?

This will end the debate between an otherwise happily married couple. Cast your vote now!

4 comments:

Kristy & John said...

I think that little people buy little things...

When John moved out of his parents' house and left his bunk bed behind he couldn't wait to buy a king size bed so that his feet didn't dangle off of the end (he is 6'1), so I would assume the same for little people - they wouldn't want to get lost in all that big stuff...

TheKeyRing said...

When I was growing up there was a "little people" couple that lived a few miles from us. The "little women" had many brothers and sisters, all of which were average sized people, but she was little. She married a "little people" man and they lived in a little home, drove a very little car (just one step up from one of those cozy coupe cars from little tykes) so I would have to vote for the "little people" like to purchase things that are size appropriate -- after all, as they get older what a pain it would be to have to climb up and down to sit at the kitchen table.
I also knew another family (I went to school with the kids) where the man was a regular sized person -- actually probably about six foot -- and the woman was a little person. They had three children, two little people and one regular sized person. I guess in their house the little people had to accomodate the others. Perhaps it is a case where cupid doesn't look at a person's size when he is aiming his arrow.

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

have you seen that reality show on TLC "Little People Big World"?

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/lpbw/lpbw.html

i've only caught bits and pieces of it...they have a set of twins...one is average size and the other one isn't!

T5M said...

I'm going to say that I win this debate. Consensus seems to be that little people generally have little things (including their mates). I am right, it's confirmed. Thank you intelligent ladies for your unbiased opinions.

Of course, I'll mention that during the course of the "discussion" I was trying to point out how absurd it would be for a little person to prefer a big person and I asked Jermaine, "If you were a little person, would you want to marry me, you'd only be up to my waste!?"...he gave a devilish grin and said "ahh, yeah". Men!