Friday, May 26, 2006

What in the world is going on?!

I feel like I’ve been doing a lot of ranting and raving about things lately without giving any personal updates. There is a lot going on (as usual), so here’s the scoop:

Amaya is crawling and saying “Da Da” on command. She began crawling at the 6 month mark and moves quickly around like an inchworm. It’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. She tries to pull up on me, but isn’t coordinated enough yet to achieve this goal. Plus I usually feel bad watching her struggle and I pick her up. She says “Da Da” clearly and will say it when I ask her to “Say Da Da”, but she doesn’t know who “Da Da” is (don’t tell Jermaine). Her next words will probably be “Where the heck is...”. At this point she isn’t calling him, she just thinks “da da” is fun to say. She turns 7 months on June 1st.

The house is coming along. We have a full crew consisting of Jermaine, Purple Girdle (aka Papa Gordo), my mom, and St. Rick. The stairs are a work of art; PG did an amazing job. We are so thankful that he flew up to do them for us, we never could’ve have afforded custom stairs, if it wasn’t for him, we’d probably have a plywood ramp with a rope pulley. This week he’s putting in the kid’s bathroom. The tub, vanity, sink, & toilet are in, and the bead-board is almost finished. The kids’ rooms are finished (thanks to Grandma), just awaiting carpet, which should be installed next Tuesday. The entire house has been primed with Kilz and needs to be painted (minus the kids rooms). The kitchen cabinets are in, but unfortunately the countertop isn’t scheduled until late June (I’m praying for an earlier installation). The wood floors are installed in the LR and most of the DR, Jerms will begin laying them in the kitchen and hallway today. We have cable and Jermaine is now sleeping at the house on a bare mattress.

I’m heading into my final semester of school and looking forward to graduation in August. This final term is going to be a challenging one, but I’m sure August will be here before I know it and all will be well in the world again.

Avery is being homeschooled by a wonderful family from our church and he is loving his new environment. He wants me to drop him off first and pick him up last every day, he told me this morning that he’s “enjoying” it. It’s a beautiful, holistic, country setting. Amelle is finishing up preschool and still talking about her field trip to a pizza shop that she had last Tuesday.

Jermaine starts his new job on Tuesday, he’s hoping to get a round of golf in before then. I’m winding down at Cardinal. We’re looking forward to living together again, in one state, in one house. God has been amazing throughout this tumultuous time. He has held us in the palm of His hand and carried us through this process with minimal stress. He has made the path clear, He’s crossed each t and dotted each i. We are so grateful that we have a relationship with Him, in these, the good times, and also in the dark and cloudy times. I can’t go to sleep at night without thanking Him for His amazing grace.

Oh, and now that William is 3, he’s upgraded to driving real tractors. Plastic is for 2 year olds.