Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Birds and Bees

There are certain advantages that having 3 c-sections affords a person: no labor, scheduled delivery, 8 weeks of short term disability, and explaining to your offspring that the doctor cut them out of your belly when they pose the inevitable question, “how did I get out of your belly?”. On Tuesday, Amelle broached the subject with Wendy, who had no choice but to come clean and divulge that Will came out of her “pee-pee”. I wasn’t present for this discussion, but from what I understand Amelle was disturbed by this news. She asked Wendy if she had to take her underwear off and then told her it was disgusting. She informed me that she never wanted to have a baby and I told her that she didn’t have to. I assured her that God doesn’t give babies to little girls, and that she wouldn’t have to worry about it until after she was married. She said she couldn’t stop thinking about it, even in her sleep.

It was apparent that she couldn’t stop thinking about it because the very next morning she informed Avery of this groundbreaking news while we were driving. I eves dropped on this conversation while peering through the rear-view mirror. “Avery, Auntie Wendy pushed Will out of her pee pee”
“Nah ahh”
“Yah haa”
“Nah ahh”
“Yah haa”
Avery looked up at me and I nodded solemnly, affirming this news. A smile of disbelief formed across his little face, “She must have a big weener”, he innocently stated. “Gi-normous!”

Later that night when Jermaine returned home, Amelle approached him with her secret, “Wanna know somethin’?” She lowered her voice, “Auntie Wendy pushed Will out of her pee pee…..and she had to take her underwear off!”

5 comments:

FloridaMom said...

A big weiner, taking underwear off! You gotta love this one! The innocense of children.

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

that CRACKS me up! reminds me of the time when you caught them watching "a baby story"...poor amelle...i guess you'll have to rely on avery and amaya for grandkids, huh? :-)

Denise said...

kids are too funny...my class of preschoolers always had so many questions about my pregnancy, there were some questions that I resorted to "ask your mom about that" such questions as "how will you know if it's a boy or a girl?" in answer to that one of the girls said that you have to wait until the baby is older and see if it has long hair or short hair. :) and the other question that I always said "ask your mom" was "how does the baby come out???" I guess they should ask Wendy about that, huh? :)

MaineMomKC5 said...

I'm pretty sure I scarred Amelle for life!

I can't even look at Avery anymore! The poor kid must think he'll get sucked in if he gets too close!

Gi-normous Weiner!!

Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!

T5M said...

Well you definitely haven't scared them off - they want to be with you 24/7!