Friday, June 09, 2006

One step up from camping...

Many people have inquired about how the house is coming along, so here's an update:

This is the dining room, don't let the picture fool you, it's not finished - no trim or paint yet, & missing a few other finishing touches, but I'm hopeful that by the end of next week that will have changed. This room is in contention for the first complete room of the house.
This is the kitchen minus the oven, microwave, countertop, and sink! The corian people are coming out today to make a template, so I should have a functional kitchen sink next Friday! Hallelujah!

This is what I refer to as "Command Central". It's really our living room, minus furniture and it's where I've been working and doing school work. We're planning on getting new furniture in here once the fireplace and trim are finished. We haven't picked anything out yet though.
This is our bedroom. It's getting there, but still needs some baseboard trim...and the closet and bathroom aren't finished at all.
This is the kids bathroom, this room is also in contention for the 1st room to be completed, just needs to be painted, some finish work on the tile and the mirror to be hung. This is also my only working sink in the house.

9 comments:

FloridaMom said...

The house looks a lot better then the last time I saw it. Love the lights in the kids bathroom. Dining room is looking good. The floors are beautiful. You are getting there!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Seth & Nancy~ said...

looks great, erin! i can't wait to visit!! did you figure out a color for the dining room? the bedroom furniture fits nicely in the room. wish i was around so i could help out! miss you!

Kristy & John said...

I love the color in the living room! It looks so nice and bright!

T5M said...

Thanks....it's the same color I had in PA...keeps things "familiar feeling" - plus I wasn't tired of it yet.

It is coming along, but we're really roughing it. I don't have a lot of my belongings yet (still in boxes) - so you can find me opening a bag of chips with a saw.

JD said...

In order for the audience to appreciate the "current" pictures you must publish some "before" pictures....
JD

JD said...

The pictures look great. One problem...it appears that you have "doctored"" one of the images. If you would like to see the real "bedroom photo" you will have to go to my blog @ www.thecasey5.com . There you will see the unaltered photo.

JD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
T5M said...

Deere John-
You are disgusting. I'm proud to be your sister...
EM