Friday, June 16, 2006

Rock - Paper - Scissors

I've come to the conclusion that there are very few conflicts in life that can't be fairly settled by a throw of rock-paper-scissors.

This is my secret parenting tool as of late. Who gets to sit next to the baby? Rock Paper Scissors. Who gets the last peice of candy? Rock Paper Scissors. Who gets to go first? Rock Paper Scissors.

This genius decision-making tool can also be used to select who has to do a chore or take a shower first or whatever other undesirable "thing" that needs to be done.

I'm convinced that we could probably settle things with Osama if "W" would just shoot some Rock Paper Scissors with him.

4 comments:

The Gawel's said...

Hey- Did I get replaced with someone named Tia? I thought maybe I had lost the rock, paper, scissor game- You know I don't like losing at games! haha

Kristy & John said...

I remember Teresa having a sign on her wall at work when the great "scissor" debate was going on that read:

Rock
Paper
Scissor

Who's Tia - your new friend?

TheKeyRing said...

I think the rock, paper, scissor approach is a genius approach to parenting. It takes all the negotiation out of it. I've decided to be like the Harrison Ford as president in the movie "Air Force One" He didn't negotiate with terrorists and I don't negotiate with my offspring. By the way, Tia sounds interesting. You have to admire anyone who can bike up the Manyunk hill twice and live to blog about it.

T5M said...

Tia is Jermaine's cousin. I'll put you back on my dear friend - if, and only if you promise to update your blogger once in a while.

Tia is pretty neat - I guess you'll get to know that through her blog! :-) ...thanks Ariel.