Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lessons from the Maine DMV

1. It's almost impossible to keep four kids quiet for 45 minutes.
2. Trying to occupy your 5 & 7 yr olds with "Field and Stream" and "Hunter" magazine doesn't help. "Look at this dead deer!", "Is that a turkey dead?, "Did they shoot it?", "Are they going to eat this deer?", "Are they going to eat it's ear?", "Are they going to cut it in half?", "Why is that man naked?!" (Yes, there was a photo of a naked man's back side; he was standing on a porch (well, he was wearing boots and holding his shot gun, and yes, I'm sure it was Field and Stream magazine).
3. Babies like to crawl under seats and eat pamphlets entitled "Danger: Moose Ahead".
4. In our area, there were between 100-199 crashes involving moose between 2000-2002. (according to the pamphlet, "Danger: Moose Ahead")
5. Maine DMV workers don't care what weight is on your license. They pulled my data from my college license back in 1992, and didn't bother to change the weight to the more accurate figure I provided.
6. A trip to "The Daily Scoop" is a good way to bribe 3 out of 4 kids into behaving.
7. If Ariel wasn't present my license photo would've been of me holding Amaya.

6 comments:

MaineMomKC5 said...

Do you remember the time we went to the DMV in Key West? It was packed with Cubans and I believe there were chickens running around inside. I remember we quickly walked out.

I remember going back another time. I made sure to get there when they first opened. They had one of those ticket things you see at the deli counters at supermarkets. I was the only one in there, and the lady behind the counter completely ignored me. I decided to "take a number" and the minute I did she yelled "24" (or whatever the number was). It was one of those "Seinfeld" moments.

barbarakuhn said...

When Nancy was about 5 months I was told I couldn't bring her with me to get my picture I.D.,I kept her within view but her "plug" fell out & she screamed while numerous people failed their written driving test :)
Nanny Babs
(Pretty neat about Trish's news, huh!)

Rich and Trish Duggan said...

hey...thanks for the comments on my blog. yeah, i took that picture. i just love my digital camera...it's almost as old as faith and it still takes great shots.

T5M said...

Wow Trish - that's like an award-winning shot! Amazing!

T5M said...

Wen-
I remember the chickens, that was a nice touch.

The ticket thing definitely sounds like a Larry David moment.

Ahhh...sweet memories!

uderhood said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested