Saturday, August 26, 2006

Last Day

I blogged about my first day in Maine with the kids at the beginning of the summer, we'll here is the "last day" of summer blog. Avery starts school on Monday, Amelle on Tuesday, and I start my new job on Tuesday! Ohh...do you hear it...the song "back to life, back to reality" just played. It's been an awesome summer. I've really enjoyed everything about it (except for the kids bickering). Amaya started daycare last Wednesday, so our last few days were actually Amayafree, I mean, carefree. So on Thursday, our last day with Wendy and Will, we started out the day by going to Chuck E Cheese (we're regulars there). Then we drove to a mall that was an hour away to take them to lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. The kids enjoyed that, then we dragged them to a bunch of stores, which we semi-enjoyed (it would've been better if we didn't have 3 bored kids in tow). We topped off the mall visit with an ice cream (positive reinforcement) and headed back to pick up Amaya. Yesterday, which was our real last day, we went on a playdate with a family we met at Avery's open house and then ran around trying to pick up a few last minute school supplies. Not as lazy and peaceful as our first day, however, I'll look back at this summer with a smile on my face just the same.

Here, the kids throw pennies into the life-like alligator outside of the Rainforest Cafe.

Amelle takes Will on a waterjet ride at Chuck E Cheese (the blind leading the blind)

Will enjoys the sights, but not the sounds of the jungle at the Rainforest Cafe.

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

FloridaMom said...

I think the alligator was making eye contact with Wendy. He must of found her delectable!

The kids are sooo fortunate to have been able to experience many different things this summer. It's something new almost everyday.

T5M said...

Yeah, looking back, it has been a full summer; I guess we have done a lot. Last week I actually took Amaya to the doctors because I thought she had some weird disease (bumps all over), then I looked and noticed Avery and Amelle had them too. Turns out that they were just bug bites - I guess that's what happens when you spend all kinds of time outside (in the Mts, at the beach, in the yard). Another weird thing - my skin actually turned bronze - what's that all about?!