Saturday, August 05, 2006

My First Niece

Today we spent the morning at Fort Foster celebrating Joelle's 9th birthday! I can't believe that it's been NINE years since she was born! I remember the whole event like it was yesterday. I was so clueless around babies when she was born. I remember being nervous while feeding her. About 2 years later the floodgates opened and our family blossomed with Avery and Mina, then Amelle, Will and finally, Amaya!

The weather was just perfect this morning. We couldn't have asked for a better day!

Happy Birthday Ms. Nine-Year Old (going on 25!!). I love you Joella-bella! ...or as I used to call you when you were a baby..."Sweetpea".

Don't worry Shaun, just because she's getting older, it doesn't mean that we are.....or does it?!

2 comments:

FloridaMom said...

My first grandchild! Joelle Marie Casey. Wow, we were all so excited on the day you were born. We are still all so excited that you are growing up to be a wonderful, smart, caring and fun loving young lady.

You are so very special in so many ways to so many people.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOELLE!

Love, Grandma

MaineMomKC5 said...

It's so wonderful to see kids grow up into young adults. Lately it seems Joelle has been changing more and more into this young woman, and I see less and less of the little girl I've known for so long.

I can't buy her presents at Toys R Us anymore b/c there isn't anything there for her - now it's gift certificates for iTunes for her iPod or various mall stores.

Joelle is and always has been a great kid! I couldn't ask for a better step-daughter (well, actually I have two great step-daughters)!!