Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Now I know what you people were talking about

I'm exhausted. It's 9:30 pm and I'm about to pass out. Today was my first day at my new job. Great job, I love it..I've never seen so many people happy to see an HR person - amazing - my desk had cards signed by everyone and a plant, lunch dates fill my calendar the rest of the week - it's nuts. But that's not the point of this blog - just my tired mind going off track.

Anyway, everyone used to tell me "I don't know how you do it - 3 kids, full time work, school...I just don't know how you do it". I really never knew what the big deal was. Now I know. As of today, I officially have no idea how I did it - it must've been the Lord.

My day started innocently enough - I got up at the crack of dawn (5:30ish with Amaya). I got the kids lunches ready and got them all dressed and out the door, then headed out myself at 7:30. No problem. Had a great commute - okay, it was just okay, because I had Jermaine's car and I couldn't figure out how to get the radio on (since his ipod was at home) and had to sit in silence until I randomly hit a button and NPR came on. Then I had to listen to NPR for the remaining 35 minutes - which stunk, since it repeats itself every 10 minutes. No traffic though - just a bunch of pine trees.

By the time I arrived home at 6:40 I was so hungry I thought I'd skip the whole meal preparation thing and just eat the refrigerator. But before I could do that, I had to feed 2 out of 3 kids, hold Amaya who was excited to see me and give each child a little one on one (I must stress "a little"). It was Amelle's first day of Kindergarten, so I wanted the details on that. Then I had to prepare their lunches for tomorrow and get all their clothes together for the next morning, then bathe them, then read them a story, then put them to sleep, do a load of laundry, clean up the dinner mess, then chat with Avery who has made it a habit of coming downstairs to chat for a few minutes after I put him to bed, then say "Hello" to my husband, then answer personal e-mails and now blog and soon go to sleep. I'm pooped.

How I ever squeezed school in, I'll never know.

Now I finally understand how people could never understand how I did it. It was definitely the Lord.

4 comments:

FloridaMom said...

.........and I still don't know how you are doing it all! The Lord is carrying you but you still have to go through the motions.

Congrats on your successful 1st day at work!

barbarakuhn said...

If working outside the home doesn't work as you planned, I can help with Plan B :)
BK

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

i'm tired just reading this!

Kristy & John said...

I thought I had it rough sometimes!

Phew!!