Thursday, August 17, 2006

So Predictable, Not So Provocative

My life is embarrassingly boring, the blog only exacerbates it. Yes we went to Fort Foster again yesterday for the umpteenth time. The clouds were amazing - hopefully you can see that in my new Picassa picture-thingy.

So I promised something provocative, and I'm generally not someone who backs down on a promise but I've got nothin' for ya.

Okay, here's something provocative: If you could visit any one day in your life (as an observer - like in a Christmas Story), which day would it be? I think for me it would be a random day from my childhood - like, say, June 20, 1979 - (or the nearest Saturday to that date). ...just after my birthday, so I'd have some new stuff to play with. I'd get to see my mom and dad married, I'd see my grandmother, my old neighbors. It would be summertime, so I could hang out all day. Wouldn't it be awesome to go back in time and observe days in your life..like, watch them happen? I hope we get to do that in Heaven. Probably not, but it would be cool.

5 comments:

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

i wish i could download that picasa thing...stinkin' firewalls! i like the little collages you put together...very cute!
interesting thought...if i could go back i think i'd go back to one of the days when seth and i were first dating or a summertime day from childhood (like you)...kind of reminds me of that kenny chesney song...oops...i forgot..you don't listen to country ;-)

Kristy & John said...

I would go back to the day that John proposed to me. It was such a heartfelt moment and because my parents were standing behind me I wish I could've seen their faces. I know that that was one of the happiest days of my father's life!

T5M said...

Kristy, you're a hopeless romantic like my husband...I just asked him and he said "the night we met". Awwwww...

After all these years, he's still got game! ;-)

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
barbarakuhn said...

A day with my dad as the janitor at a church, biscuits & currant jelly with my Grandmother, playing cards with "Nanny", honeymoon day in Vermont, days we brought the babies home, moving days ours or girls, any day with my girls, surrogate grandkids or my Mom (o.k. now I'm teary eyed)