Tuesday, August 15, 2006

White Mountains

This weekend we took a trip up to see the Caseys in the White Mountains. The trip down the Kancamangus Highway was nostalgic for me because we vacationed in the White Mountains with my dad every year. I haven't been back there in years, so poor Jermaine had to listen to me reminisce about everything all day..."we use to....", "my dad use to..." blah, blah, blah... As it turns out, Wendy and Shaun were having parallel conversations, according to Wendy, Shaun would say "we should eat here, they have good meatballs", Wendy was like, "What year was that - 1978? It's a hardware store now".

Here are some photos...


Avery scales the side of this very high rock-climbing structure. Go figure, we travel all the way to the White Mountains to climb a simulated "mountain". Avery is so naturally athletic - this was his first try - Spiderman, look out.


Here's an interesting shot. I thought it would be a good idea to get someone to take a photo of all of us, so we all gathered together and I asked a stranger to point and click. It was the first picture of all of us - ever....or so we thought. Notice anyone missing? We're terrible parents.


Here Wendy, Will and Amelle get soaked in the bumper boat ride at Clarks Trading Post. I love Amelle's face in this picture - I was nervous about her getting on one of those boats and then crying out in the middle of no where - but she was aggressive on that thing! The added twist is the ability to shoot water at other boaters and spectators.

I wish I could post additional pictures; but I'm at my blog max. It was such a good time. My dad would've loved to have been there with us.

4 comments:

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

i guess avery got stuck at the top of the climbing wall, huh?! looks like a fun time!!

barbarakuhn said...

O.K. where are the helmets in the bumper boats? I thought kids had to wear helmets at all times. Of course, in the '50s-'70s we didn't even have seatbelts and the playgrounds had asphalt and metal monkeybars. Hmmm that might answer a few questions about us babyboomers. I gave my bicycle helmit to Marisa, I have so few brain cells left anyway.

T5M said...

No helmets on the bumper boats, but I thought maybe they should've had life vests on! Amelle is only 5, if she somehow fell out, I'd have been diving in! ....I shutter at the thought - let's just say that the water didn't appear to be chlorinated...

MaineMomKC5 said...

Amelle was out for blood! In line she said to me (with a hand on her hip and the other one waving in my face), "Oh, it's ON!"

I told her she'd better "bring it."

Oh, she brought it.