Monday, October 02, 2006

9, 10, ELEVEN....

Yesterday marked Amaya's eleven month anniversary, birthday...whatever.. Here's the update: She said her first word last week. Kind of exciting. I walked out of the house and we saw the neighbor's dog, Scout, across the street. She pointed her finger in Scout's direction and proclaimed, "Jah...k" Apparently all dogs are Jacks. Very cute.

She took her first steps (without falling) on her ten month anniversary, birthday...whatever...and has spent the month practicing steps. However she still seems to prefer crawling since she can get from A to B much faster that way. I hope that doesn't indicate that she's going to have patience like her mother (what's patience?).

Her hair goes halfway down her back when its wet, but as you can see from the pictures, it's in ringlet curls. She has been dubbed "The Mocha Shirley Temple" at her daycare (sounds disgusting, if you think of it as a drink) eewww!

She is an eater. She LOVES her food! She's got four teeth on the bottom and two on the top. She'll eat anything you put in front of her - she's an eating machine.


This is a picture I took tonight -she was enjoying macaroni and cheese & carrots while Avery was making her laugh.

Below is Amaya in July after her big brother fed her some of his ice-cream in the back seat of the mini-van. Boy was I surprised when I went to take her out!


This is another shot from the summer: spaghetti, delicious food and fun accessory.

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

MaineMomKC5 said...

I thought for certain her first word(s) were going to be, "Auntie Wendy." I mean, I had money on it.

She is way TOO CUTE! I just wished she smiled more..................

Kristy & John said...

I don't know what is cuter, her afro or all of her teeth!! What a beautiful little girl! I can't believe that she is almost a year already. I cannot wait to see her when we come up this month. Yup, I said it "this month". I will be calling you tomorrow evening to set the date and confirm the details. We are sooo looking forward to it!

FloridaMom said...

Too cute! Happy babies are the cutest, but not as cute as ours!

The Gawel's said...

Thanks for the update! She really is a cutie pie!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

so adorable! who knew that a someone could have more hair then amelle! looks like you're gonna have your work cut out for you again, huh?
i was thinking about you guys the other day...amelle was the same age as amaya when i first met you guys...feels like yesterday....