Monday, October 16, 2006

A Day of Play...

Okay, so this was a mystery blog - long story short...I was trying to post, but didn't think it worked, then I took off for Arizona, and have been too busy to check in to see that it actually did work.

So here's the scoop: Last Sunday my company had an open house at our office. I thought it would be good for me to attend. However, I figured it would be a little anti-climatic for the kids to drive an hour to get someplace only to learn that it's just a office building, so I figured that we'd also visit the Children's Museum in Portland, which was just down the street. So, here is my mom with the kids:

Amelle was just LOVING the pretend veterinarian office. The museum was really cute, lots of interactive things for the kids to do!
Here is Avery at the ATM machine that dispensed real fake money. The screen was cute, it had a disclaimer that read, "In real life, you would have to have money in your bank account before making a withdrawal".
This ended up being the highlight of the day - playing office in Mom's office. Next time I'll save on the museum admission and just let them play in my office for a few hours. Live and learn! ...isn't there a saying, "the best things in life are free"...
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kristy & John said...

No labels on the pics? Where were you guys?

FloridaMom said...

That was just as much fun for the 58 year old kid! Great place for all ages!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

looks like fun! where was it?

T5M said...

Hee hee...sorry I was trying to post these pictures before I left this week and I didn't realize they had posted...hee hee - I'll add the caption now!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

i wish i had that view in my office!!
i used to LOVE going to my mom's work when i was little...it was a design studio, so we got to play with the beads and yarn and her co-workers made one of a kind barbie clothes for us :-)

T5M said...

I also loved going to my mom's office. I remember playing at her desk. She worked at a doctor's office and they had a ton of goodies from all the pharma companies - I remember raiding the stock closet and bringing home all kinds of pads and pens and stuff. Good times!

barbarakuhn said...

Wow - your Mom looks to young to be a grandmother of your three lovely children!!!! After my granddaughter's big entry I've aged about 10 years!