Friday, October 06, 2006

Irony

Oh irony, how funny you are!

I've recently gotten into the practice of asking the kids the best and worst things about their day. It's a lot of fun to get inside their little minds, and I get really cool answers sometimes - Amelle: best thing = practicing phonics with daddy, worst thing = it was muddy today....

Anyway, last night I added a twist, I asked Avery his favorite and least favorite thing about living here in Maine: Favorite = having a friend that lives nearby, least favorite = not having a flat screen TV in his room. What?! Where did I go wrong!?! (See below post). So I quickly remind him that he didn't have a flatscreen TV in his room in Pennsylvania and he tells me, "Well, I always wanted one, and I still want one".

3 comments:

FloridaMom said...

Keep Avery away from John Deere and the comment he made to all of us "they are giving these things away" meaning his new 50inch plasma, wall mounted TV. You could be 100 feet away and still see the five o'clock shadows on mens faces.
Wait, Avery will discover the surround system next and that will be on his "I want" list,too.

Be prepared for many "I want" because you moved to Maine within 3 1/2 miles from the man with "all the gadgets".

JD said...

I want an ATV and a better John Deere....

FloridaMom said...

jd

Your "want" list will be never ending! "They" have yet to invent some of your "want" things!