Friday, November 10, 2006

Always the middle one…

So I just got an e-mail from Wendy regarding Amelle, who spent yesterday afternoon at her favorite Auntie’s house:

I asked Amelle yesterday what she wants to be when she grows up. She said something about “handing out papers….” So I said, “Well, what is that job called?” And she said, “A servant.”

Then, I heard her say something to Will about Heaven, so I said, “What is Heaven Amelle?” She said, “Heaven is where God takes you when you die.” So then I said, “Well can everyone go to Heaven?” She said, “No. People who cut their heads off can’t go to Heaven.”

Amelle is such a special child, she is so sensitive and conscientious, but by far, the quirkiest of all.

4 comments:

MaineMomKC5 said...

She was very intrigued by all my purses that I have hanging in the laundry room.

"Why you got all your purses hanging there?"

Then, when we were heading out to the car so I could bring her home, she asked to carry my purse.

A little further in the quiet car ride, she says, "Why'd you bring your purse?"

FloridaMom said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Erin, the second child is sometimes a little quirky, also.

Your imagination was always in overdrive.

Oh, and how about the time you decided to wear your clothes inside out!.....and that was in high school.

T5M said...

...thanks for letting me express myself - I'll have to remember that!

Amelle told Jermaine that she'd like to "spend some time with Ryan's mom" - funny kid!

barbarakuhn said...

I'm sure she meant what Jesus had said to his disciples: "Sitting down, He called the twelve and said to them, "If anyone wants to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all."" (Mark 9:35)