Sunday, November 12, 2006

He's Baaack!

All of the Moore children have had an affinity for the purple dinosaur. I am totally fine with that. Barney is definitely one of the best children's characters out there. I'm not down with the new ones: Doodlebugs (gay agenda), Wiggles (no diversity - really, would it kill them to put ONE non-white person on the show?), Teletubbies (senseless), Thomas the Train (Give me a freakin' break! ..it's the worst show ever; I couldn't last 5 minutes watchin it!). I sill love Elmo and the Sesame Street gang, it's classic, they teach numbers & letters, they have diversity, and they have good entertainers. Barney is also good because they sing and dance, it's educational (ABCs, manners, the infamous clean up song!, etc), and the kids are diverse.

Last week we set out to buy Amaya her own Barney since she gets such a kick out of him. We were disappointed when we found that ToysRUs doesn't carry ANY Barney! I guess that means that we're officially "old school". I was panicked until we found one at KBtoys that sings and asks for hugs...awwww! (then when you give him a hug, he tells you that your a good hugger (build's self-esteem!)

Anyway, here's Amaya with the purple one:


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Kristy & John said...

Too cute! Speaking of teletubbies I will never forget two years ago at Christmas. I got the kids (Aiden & Ri-Ri) a bunch of stuff and of course they got tons of stuff from Santa. All Ri-Ri wanted to play with was the cheapy $10 teletubbie playset that I got him - all week! It's funny how you spend all this money on the kids and they end up picking the simplest toy to play with!

T5M said...

....yeah, and worse...sometimes all they play with is the box!

Rich and Trish Duggan said...

okay...erin, tell us how you really feel (about Thomas the Train.) my son could NOT get enough of that silly train and i thought a lot of them spoke harshly to eachother--not something my kids ever needed reinforced. and, oh, boy, i hadn't even begun thinking about all those PBS shows on our t.v. again. i guess i have at least a year before that starts!

FloridaMom said...

Love the first picture! She is hugging Barney so tightly that her face is distorted.

Jermaine seemed to be enjoying Amaya doing all that hugging.........or was he secretly enjoying Barney?

Anonymous said...

How about Dora?

barbarakuhn said...

How 'bout Raggedy Ann & Andy, Little Lulu, Patty Play Pal, Gumby, Tressy, Ginny dolls, Strawberry shortcake, My Little ponies, Care Bears, Cabbage Patch, barbies, felix the cat,Yogi Bear, Tiny Tears, GI Joe or pet rocks.

T5M said...

I love Dora, though she's probably part of the plot to create 2 national languages in America.

I also approve of pet Rocks.

PhillyFilly said...

I can see you've become one of those crazed paranoids.

PhillyFilly said...

And yes, I'm back.

T5M said...

...are you watching me?

PhillyFilly said...

Yes, and you sure do look purty!