Sunday, January 21, 2007

"I just can't quit you"

I must admit that I was a little concerned when I heard that Shaun and Jerms were headed to Bosebuck Mountain for a snowmobile adventure. The name implied that it was the northern Maine version of "Brokeback Mountain". I had visions of my husband surrounded by burly mountain men in flannel shirts with the arms ripped off and tight jeans, "Oh you poor poor thing, did your snowmobile run out of gas"... [the banjo music from Deliverance plays], "Why don't you and your friend come into our cabin and we'll keep you nice and warm until help arrives"...

However, Jermaine's first experience (on a snowmobile) was actually great - they had a fun time (dispite the YMCA song playing over the loudspeaker of the lodge).

I was a bit peeved when I learned that on his maiden voyage, my dear husband went 95 mph on a lake (which was probably not fully frozen). I never would've approved the snowmobile purchase had I known that snowmobiles were now basically winter motorcycles. When I grew up, our snowmobile was used for recreational riding, I drove it around myself at age 10, back and forth to the skating pond.

Today they headed out again, this time with Avery. This snowmobile thing is definitely beginning to be a habit.




5 comments:

MaineMomKC5 said...

Ironically, Shaun was walking rather strangely when he got home.

He said it was from sitting on his snowmobile for a long period of time.

I'm just not quite convinced (I also smelled Drakkar on his shirt which he does not wear).

FloridaMom said...

Let's hope that Avery didn't smell or Drakkar!!!!!!!

Hopefully, Avery's first snowmobile outing was a memorable one. Isn't if fun to hear about the stories of the day when the "guys" get home.

Kristy said...

Ewwww! I wish I hadn't seen that movie!

Kristy said...

It's been 4 days...
hee-hee

T5M said...

...I was traveling...