Saturday, February 10, 2007

Never Let 'em See You Smile

Amelle's MO has always been not to give satisfaction to those around her. One way she achieves this is by not smiling, when she "should". I guess she thinks that if she smiles, it could potentially cause someone else joy, and that would not be good.

This weekend we put her non-smiling strategy to the test as she opened her birthday presents..






I should also mention that she specifically requested that we not sing "Happy Birthday" to her (last year she slipped out a smile during this event. She knew that it was her kryptonite). When I pleaded with her to let us sing it, she told me I was bothering her.

For the record, she did end up smiling...but these pictures of her holding back were a little more comical...

4 comments:

The Gawel's said...

Happy belated birthday Amelle!
We miss you!!
Love, Ashlyn & Aiden

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

that last one is really funny...she's really struggling to hold it back! :-D

MaineMomKC5 said...

She's a funny kid that one!! I like how we sang Happy Birthday in fast speed - I think we may have broken a world record on that one.

The Gawel's said...

Is Amelle's B-day on the 15th? If so I guess I should not have put belated! Sorry!!!