Thursday, March 22, 2007

Lazy Man's Blog

I'm too pressed to write anything today, but just read my dear brother's post about a Dunkin Donuts experience that had me grinning at my computer.

Thought I'd share...

http://theredsock.blogspot.com/2007/03/what-is-your-time-worth.html


Addendum:
This morning, after reading Shaun’s post, I immediately had a craving for a D&D ice coffee. Feeling inspired by my brother's generosity, I asked a kind co-worker in a neighboring office if I could pick something up for her. Here is a reenactment of the events that transpired:
Me: I’m running next door for an ice coffee, do you want anything?
KCW (Kind Co-Worker): No thanks. Did you get your free ice coffee yesterday?
Me: No. Did you?
KCW: Yes.
Me: Was there a long line?
KCW: Not really, but something terrible happened.
Me: What?
KCW: The guy who made my ice coffee picked his nose. I had to immediately throw my ice coffee away.
Me: No..!?
KCW: Yes. And not just a thumb pick, a full finger, up to the first knuckle pick (her face was all frowned and contorted).
Me: No?! He just picked it right out in the open, full finger!? (my face was frowned and contorted)
KCW: Yes, and he saw me looking, and then he tried to remove his finger quickly. I can never go there again.
Me: Now I can’t go there. You just ruined my ice coffee experience. (thanks Shaun)
KCW: You can go, just don’t get the pervy middle eastern guy.
Me: Hmmm…(still thinking about if I could enjoy my ice coffee knowing that it came from a place where a worker picked his nose openly yesterday). Okay. (I think I can, I mean, as long as I don't get him).

I proceed past the receptionist’s desk and ask her if she wanted me to pick her up a coffee. She was grateful for the offer and asked for a small hazelnut. So I’m thinking that if I get the guy, I’m just going to order her coffee and not mine (she doesn’t know about the incident and I’m going to tell KCW not to tell her). Hey – let’s face it, we don’t know what goes on in the kitchens of restaurants, it’s the KNOWING that ruins it, not the hint of boogie germs themselves.

When I arrived at the D&D, I immediately spotted the boogie man. I tried to avoid eye contact. When it was my turn at the counter, he said, “Can I help you”. I stuttered for a solid minute….ah, ummm, ah…hmmm…not sure….I was trying to pretend that I didn’t know what I wanted while I tried to make eye contact with another worker. Then a female worker finally looked my way and I excitedly asked her for the coffee, I’m sure the boogie man must of thought I was insane, but I didn’t care, I already thought that he was a pervert and a boogie man, what could be worse than that? His opinion of me being indecisive or mildly retarded was of no consequence. I just wanted a boogie-free sipping experience.

13 comments:

Kristy said...

Why are all Dunkin Donuts workers middle-eastern? It doesn't even matter where you go, what city you are in, the only people who own Dunkin Donuts are from the middle east. I don't understand...

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

i just finished drinking a D&D's small iced coffee! :-P hopefully it was booger-free...
kristy, i was talking with an indian co-worker...he said that a lot of D&D's are owned by indians because you don't have to deal with meat and a lot are vegetarians (just stick the sausage patty in the microwave on a cardboard tray). made sense....

FloridaMom said...

Funny, very funny! Not many D&D's in Southwest Florida. Come to think of it, not many middle-easteners either.

You're right, Erin, boogies are probably all around us. Grocery stores, restaurants, etc. Just think of what has been on the handle at the gas station!

The Gawel's said...

If this makes anything any easier, snot, I think, is just protein. I remember being in school with some respiratory therapy people and that is how they dealt with the whole issue.

Kristy said...

The bad things is I can't say much because John picks his nose like there is no tomorrow...
It's actually a huge joke among his friends and he isn't even ashamed about it! Gross...

KC5 said...

I had a lot of nasty comments that I could have posted about this one...I decided to save them from you all. You can thank me later.

KC5 said...

Snot:

"Snot", is just another word for mucus. Snot is beautiful human slime. When bits of stuff get stuck in your nose hairs, it’s the mucus or snot that surrounds the stuff and traps it.

Boogers:

Boogers are dried-up snot and dirty nose debris. They can be small, slimy lumps or big, dry, brown clumps. Either way, boogers are filled with the junk that’s in the air you breathe. Dust, pollen, germs, sand, fungi, smoke, small particles from outer space! The good thing about your mucus is that it helps trap all this junk and keep it from getting close into your lungs.

Rich and Trish Duggan said...

ewww. i'm not sure whether i'm more grossed out by your post or the icky comments. thankfully, i'm not a DD coffee kinda gal...i'm addicted to wawa coffee and i'm CERTAIN they don't pick their noses there. okay...not certain, but i just don't wanna know!!!!!!!

barbarakuhn said...

You all need to move to South Jersey - I walked right up to the counter this a.m. and I didn't even know about the free iced coffee thing! I have trouble with Asian take-out since I saw a guy scoop rice up off the floor!

barbarakuhn said...

I just read Nancy's comment about the mid-eastern veggie thing. Do you know why gas stations as well or why asians run the dry cleaning business? Is any of this PC?

T5M said...

...none of it's PC - I don't allow political correctness on my blog. You can say anything you want, just don't say it in PC terms! If I even see one ounce of it, I'll strike the offending comment immediately!

This is a blog about boogies and snot, there is no room for political correctness here.

I am anti-PC. I could write a whole blog about that, in fact, I just might! ..wait, I think I already did....hmmm...

KC5 said...

PC's stink. Get a MAC

Kristy said...

Let's all get it straight:

Koreans run dry cleaning
Chinese do the food
Vietnamese do the nails
Indians serve the coffee

And they do NOT like to be mixed up! I had a whole conversation with the girl at the nail salon about this last week.

Any questions?