Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter Did Happen...

I just haven't had a chance to blog about it yet.

As most of you have now seen (via Shaun's blog), we had a big Easter gathering at my place. It was a great day, from start to finish. I feel so very blessed to have such a wonderful family. We went to early service, had a delicious Easter dinner with soooo much food, an egg hunt (indoors), and watched the masters (and Zack Johnson give it up to Jesus for his Easter victory).
The Easter bunny apparently received our change of address forms and found the kids here in Maine.

Amaya - for some reason she doesn't look right all dressed up. I don't think she's going to be a frilly as Amelle. I guess there's only room for 1 princess in every household.

The egg hunt. The grandmas couldn't bear to watch the kids struggle to find eggs, I guess it goes against their grandma nature. We were blessed with three grandmas on Sunday, that was a 2:1 ratio (2 kids per 1 grandma). Let's just say that the egg hunt didn't last long. Notice the slick hiding techniques (eggs above the picture frames). Next year the grandparents will get their own egg hunt (we'll fill the eggs with tums, denture cream, and preparation H -they'll love it!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

amaya looks less than thrilled, all dressed up! her little shoes are adorable.
i guess the easter bunny does buckets in maine instead of baskets?

KC5 said...

Buckets- It's so we can go dig for clams after the chocolate is gone.

Kristy & John said...

Amaya is just too grown up already! I can't wait to see her!

barbarakuhn said...

Hey watch that Grandma "humor." One year we didn't find all the eggs. That was quite in odor. It pays to count 'em before you hide 'em.

Florida/MaineMom said...

I seems to me that you and my daughter-in-law enjoyed the day making fun of the older generation! Now, that is just not right on Easter!