Monday, April 23, 2007

Take a Picture, it'll Last Longer

This house absolutely fascinates me. Fortunately I pass it often, as it is along the 3.5 mile jaunt from my house to the KC5 house. Believe it or not, this homeowner is committed to "home improvements" - he's constantly "working" on his house. The problem is, I don't know if it's getting better or worse. The kicker is, whenever we drive by I am totally checking out the house, I mean, I'm hanging out of the car window trying to get inside their world and 9 times out of 10 the homeowner (who I will refer to as "he") catches me staring, which forces me to casually turn away from the scene. He had the perfect yard, I mean huge lot of beautiful green grass, until last summer when he got hold of a tractor (which upset my husband, "how can HE have a tractor, look at his house - tractors aren't cheap you know..."). Anyway, he got carried away with the tractor and tore up his whole yard. He created a big ditch (real big - I thought it was going to be a skating pond, but it didn't seem to pan out that way this winter), and created two "dirt areas" where he stuck golf flags, as if to declare his yard a par 2 golf course. There is always loads of junk in the front yard and driveway because he made their garage into living space. Last fall they actually had a yard sale, the funny thing is, I don't think that they ever brought anything out, or put anything back in the house. Oh how fascinated I am by these folks. ...And for my added pleasure, they're real outdoorsy, the whole family spends all summer frolicking in the driveway and yard. There is so much for me to watch and enjoy; I love this family. As we passed by this house on Saturday Jermaine proclaimed, "He must have the coolest wife".
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

KC5 said...

I too am intrigued-this picture doesn't even do it justice.

Florida/MaineMom said...

Wouldn't it be something if it looked like a palace inside. Remember, you can't judge a book by it's cover.

barbarakuhn said...

Sorry, that's nothing. One house has 3,000 old storm doors & screens on his "lawn". Do you want to talk about boats, trailers, kids toys and car parts? Or, how about couches serving as porch furniture? Do we want to talk barns? I think it's a contest to see whose will cave in first.

Kristy & John said...

My next door neighbor has a darn couch on his back porch. He actually takes naps out there on it too. Talk about creepy!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

in college there was a house across the street from our apartment. i remember strangers looking through their yard...they thought it was a garage sale! oops!