Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day Moms

I'm so blessed to have been given two wonderful mothers in this lifetime.
My mother taught me the meaning of unconditional love. She raised me with very few boundaries and let me explore the world free from fear. I always believed that "the sky was the limit", she taught me that I could do/have/be anything I wanted in life and she encouraged me to give 100% in whatever it was I chose to do. The words that stick with me to this day are, "Erin, you can be whatever you want to be in life, but no matter what you do, give 100%. I don't care if you become a trash collector, as long as you're the best trash collector you can be".

My mother-in-law was a unexpected bonus. I keep thinking that I don't remember seeing the "two for one" sale sign on Jermaine when I found him. Sylvia is such an incredible woman. When Jermaine and I first got together I remember thinking that Sylvia must be really special because Jermaine spoke of her with such respect; it was like she had never done anything wrong, nor could it even be in the realm of possibility that she could ever do anything wrong. 10 years later, he still speaks about her that way, and he is absolutely correct. She is an amazing woman.

Thank you both so much for all you are to me.
Happy Mother's Day Moms...

4 comments:

Florida/MaineMom said...

What a great tribute! Thank you. ....and you, my darling daughter, are a remarkable woman! ......and you, my darling daughter-in-law, are also a remarkable woman! Talk about being blessed! I have two of the best mothers in the world to take care of my grandchildren.

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

LOVE those retro pictures! :o)
how was YOUR mother's day?
can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

MaineMomKC5 said...

If I had to describe my mother-in-law in one word it would be:

EEEEK!

Just kidding! LOVE my MIL! She's the best! And I can't wait until she's a little older to tie some strings on her hands and pretend she's a puppet (oh, you had to be there!).....

Kristy & John said...

You guys coming to PA?