Monday, June 25, 2007

Sand, Sand, & more Sand

This afternoon as I was preparing to leave work I got a call from a co-worker who gave me a tip that there were sand castles on display at Hampton Beach. I thought that this would be a great idea for the family so I called Jerms and excitedly told him about it and asked him if he thought it would be a good thing to bring the kids to tonight. First there was silence, then a change in subject. When I circled back and asked him a second time he said "I don't know" (which in Jermaine language means "no"). Then I said, "did you have something else you wanted to do?" (he said no), so I said, "Well, it's better than doing nothing", to which he reponded, "not necessarily, sometimes doing nothing is just fine". Somehow I managed to close the deal and he agreed to go.

On my way home I called Wendy to see if the KC3 wanted to join us. She was onboard, but when she ran it by her husband, he also "poo-poo'd" the idea. However, once he found out that my husband also did not want to go, but was going anyway, he felt obligated to put his own feelings aside and agree to go.

The sand castles were really cool, here are some of them.



Here is the wild child before the exorcism (which took place while we were waiting in line for pizza)



After pizza, the children entertained themselves by running wildly around on the beach. Sand was EVERYWHERE (including my son's butt crack and my baby's mouth...but fortunately not the same sand).


And here is how the two responsible ones kept themselves entertained: taking goofy pictures of each other and then taking pictures of each other holding up the picture that they just took. So here is a picture of me taking a picture of Wendy who is holding a picture of me holding a picture of her holding a picture of me. Fun huh? ...frightening that God trusts us to raise His children, isn't it? ...luckily He's not too far away!



I guess that it goes without saying that the boys found a way to make the trip work in their favor; they ended up bringing their fishing rods and stayed behind for some night fishing while Wendy and I carted the 5 kids home. If you haven't guessed, fishing has become the new obsession, the boys are hooked (no pun intended).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

KC5 said...

and we may be the 2 worst fisherman on the planet....

MaineMomKC5 said...

If we left it up to the guys to "provide," we'd all be starving now.

Thankfully God gave us supermarkets - she was smart enough to know we women would need help!!

Last night was fun! The weather was perfect, the people watching was great and us taking pictures of each other as we continued to take pictures of each other was a hoot!

Florida/MaineMom said...

I know one other so called fisherman that is just as bad. When you guys go near the water, the fish run. Maybe there is a certain scent about you guys that chases the fish away.

Let's face it, the only way that you are ever going to catch fish is to hire a professional.

The sand castles looked great. Hopefully we can duplicate them at the beach today!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

seth was wondering if jermaine built the sand sculptures :-)
he also thought it was impossible for a baby to have more hair than amelle...God certainly had a sense of humor with amaya!!
hope you guys have a good 4th...we're looking forward to seeing you in august...FINALLY!!