Friday, July 06, 2007

I'm Late...Happy 4th of July!

Happy July 4th. Here is the 4-picture photo journal of our Independence Day - 2007:

We celebrated Jack's 6th birthday. Wendy made a special dog-cake for the occasion. Jack got freaked out about being able to sit up at the "people table" and wanted nothing to do with the party, the cake, his special guest Hunter, or his gifts.



The parents devised a plan to ambush the children with water balloons. We had the kids line up to watch a fireworks thing that Shaun was lighting. Meanwhile, Wendy, Jerms, and I loaded up with water balloons and as the fireworks crackled, we began to bomb the kids!! Fair - no. Fun - yes.





Then there was the driveway display of firecrackers. I hate fireworks, so I shall refrain from speaking of them further, as not to drag the post down. Maybe the photo shall speak for me:


Then there were the "Redneck Olympics". You know you've married a redneck when....you find your husband casting fishing rods into a small plastic pool in the yard. They are ridiculous.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

MaineMomKC5 said...

I liked how you spelled ridiculous.

Was that on purpose?

You know you're a redneck when your underwear doubles as your bathing suit.

Is my driveway on fire?

Kristy & John said...

LOVE the matching shoes! They are worse than women!

KC5 said...

i had them first

T5M said...

You bought those for Jerms!!! ....oh my gosh, you two are gay!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

you know you're a redneck when...you "potty train" your son by teaching them to pee off the porch! :-D

MaineMomKC5 said...

Well my husband has shown our son the "pee off the porch" trick so we are definitely rednecked hillbillies!

Next we'll have our house on wheels and our cars on blocks! YEE HAA.......

P.S. I hear our boys are moving their civil union up b/c their love is just so strong they can't wait!