Tuesday, October 16, 2007

As Corny as it Sounds

On Saturday we did the annual corn maze in York. Here's the group of us (minus Deb, who was kind enough to take the picture).
We zipped through the maze in about an hour and a half. So much fun!!
The highlight of the evening was spotting the Maine Sasquatch. This fellow appeared out of nowhere and as soon as we saw him, he dipped back in the cornstalks. Luckily, I was quick with my camera and able to catch this shot of the mysterious beast:

I thought this was a cool shot. I thought that it was steam rising off of the hay, but Wendy said it was the kids' breath.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

MaineMomKC5 said...

Actually, I think that steam is the spirits of the dead corn.

That was a fun time! And seeing the elusive corn sasquatch was amazing! I can't believe we were in there for almost two hours!!

Good times!

barbarakuhn said...

All bundle up in Maine are ya? We're still wearing shorts in SJ. We have corn mazes here, but I'm afraid I'd never get out. Remember when you all went to Mood's Farm?

barbarakuhn said...

All bundle up in Maine are ya? We're still wearing shorts in SJ. We have corn mazes here, but I'm afraid I'd never get out. Remember when you all went to Mood's Farm?

T5M said...

Believe it or not, there were people there in shorts - that's a Mainer for you!

KC5 said...

For the life of me I can't figure out why this is so much fun. You walk around for 2 hours, it's 39 degrees, corn is falling from the sky as the punks launch them into the night, muddy....yet Good Times with a capital GT!

Dev said...

Hey Erin, Just wanted to tell you, I have a new grandson, born Monday
10/15, 8 lbs. 2 .8 ounces, 20 inches long, his name is Matthew Daniel. How have you been, I forgot my password to get on my google account, to get to your site, but I finally had the time to sit down and do it. How have you been, your children are so cute, they are really getting big. Oh well, let me have your e-mail address and I'll send you the pictures.

T5M said...

Hey Dev!
Congratulations!!! Definitely send pictures of BOTH kids!

the5moores@gmail.com

-Erin

Kristy & John said...

Congrats Dev! Erin, Sorry I haven't commented in awhile, I don't think I've been on anyone's blog in almost a week :-(

Hey, why are the cornstalks green?