Friday, October 05, 2007

God Don't Make Mistakes

The past few weeks have been an interesting time for our family. The positive AFP test that Wendy received had certainly given us a lot to think about, obsess over, worry about, and question. I was talking to one of our friends (who is also a pastor) about the stress of the situation and we couldn't help but wonder how those who don't know the Lord get through times like this. He had lost one of his younger brothers to childhood cancer and shared that knowing that the Lord was in complete control and that He always has our best in mind got him through that. He admitted that walking through a children's hospital with bed after bed of sick and dying children, he could only wonder how those who don't know what we know cope with tragedy.

So throughout this ordeal I kept reminding myself that God doesn't make mistakes. He's perfect in every way. He's all knowing, all loving, and all powerful. I know from His Word that He answers our prayers. I know that He has answered my prayers and I am overwhelmed with gratitude by that. The Creator of the Universe has tuned into my little voice and has answered my prayer - isn't that an amazing thought?!

So without any further ado, my little baby nephew is healthy and Wendy's pregnancy is progressing normally! 21 weeks gestation, which is the age of this baby, who reached out to thank the doctor that saved him when he was still in his mother's womb.

Our God is so Awesome!

1 comment:

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

amen!
what a blessing! thanks for keeping us posted....