Monday, October 29, 2007

Little Ms. Know-it-all

I've mentioned before that Amelle is a "complex" child. One of her peculiarities is that she really doesn’t like to be wrong. (I know, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.) Anyway, while her Grandmom (Sylvia) was visiting this weekend, Amelle read her a story before bed. Here is the conversation that ensued:

Grandmom: “That says Daniel, not David”
Amelle: “No, it doesn’t.”
Grandmom: “Yes, it says Daniel, I'm sure.”
Amelle: “No, that’s a mistake.”
Grandmom: “The book is a mistake?”
Amelle: “Yes, my friend’s father who died, wrote the book and before he died, he told her that it was suppose to be David, not Daniel”.
Grandmom (laughing hysterically): “You are such a good story-teller Amelle!”

3 comments:

MOM said...

I love her imaginative mind......

T5M said...

Spoken like a grandmother (always finding the positive)...Sylvia thinks she's going to be a "story teller" like her mom.

Can grandchildren do anything wrong?! I probably would've punished her for lying!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

litl' miss tall tales! when we were up this summer she told me that she had been on a cruise before. she was VERY adamant about it too!