Monday, October 22, 2007

Welcome to the Projects

Last week Avery had to hand in his first real school project. He had to build a community, either rural, suburban, or urban. He chose a rural community and I sacraficed my barn and church figurine (I know - when did I start collecting figurines?) for the greater good of his community.
Welcome to "Mooresville"

Notice the John Deere tractor - no rural community is complete without one.

And heres the finished product, Jermaine's masterpiece. (Oh, did I say Jermaine, I meant Avery's masterpiece, yeah - Avery did it all by himself). Okay, I'm kidding, but I do think that Jermaine did let Avery paint some of the mountain.
Hee hee.
The best part was me calling Jermaine the next morning to find out how ours stacked up against the others in the class! (Me: Was ours the best?) I'm a mess. Sometimes I think our kids have zero chance at being normal.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

KC5 said...

imagine a world where cows run free........

MOM said...

Don't tell me your are going to be one of THOSE Moms!

T5M said...

That one cow is precariously close to the road. Imagine that road kill!

Steak for dinner!

MaineMomKC5 said...

Looks like that project came out great. I'd give Jermaine, oops I mean Avery, an A!

Just remember - perfectionism is the highest order of self-abuse!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

we were just talking about science fair projects the other day at work...you could always tell who's parents were the mechanical engineers!
you, figurines?! really? is that a maine thing or something?

barbarakuhn said...

When my oldest was in 6th grade, she was annoyed because her friend's dad was an accountant (able to help with math) while I was, well, a Mom and the dad was a cop! Good thing we didn't help with her school work. She turned out to be Valevictorian - see I can't spell either :)