Sunday, October 28, 2007

You can't eat your cake before your birthday...

One of the fun things about sharing a computer with your spouse is that you get to read whatever they've been reading when you sit down and look up at the screen. Nine times out of ten, this means that I'm going see something sports-related(Tiger Wood's score on a Sunday, a Bill Simmons article, a tide-chart, etc). Just now, I happened upon this paragraph from espn.com, which I found mildly amusing:

Yeah, they need just one more win to finish this Series off. But there was closer Jonathan Papelbon standing at his locker, reaching for a quote from one of the great Dominican philosophers of our time to help explain what it means to be in this spot. "I think I heard Manny [Ramirez] say it best," Papelbon said. "You can't eat your cake before your birthday. Or whatever it was he said."

One more...Go Sox!

6 comments:

MaineMomKC5 said...

Please please please just clinch it tonight so I can have my husband back!!

KC5 said...

Can you get hemorrhoids from watching too much baseball?

MOM said...

kc5.....you cannot get hemorrhoids from watching too much baseball, however, you can develope condition called "Red Sox Heart Tremors". It is not healthy but it sure feels good when it goes away! DONE! WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS! This time it is not for generations past. This one is all ours and our children!

T5M said...

You people are sick. Sick Sick Sick

MaineMomKC5 said...

You can get hemorrhoids (who knew it was pronounced HEM Or Hoids?) from watching too much baseball.

I developed one on my left buttock Sunday night.

P.S. I've since learned God is Irish

T5M said...

I had to laugh, in church today, the Pastor Joel referenced two quotes from Manny...that great Dominican Philosopher.