Sunday, November 11, 2007

Smarty Pants

We're so proud to announce that Avery made High Honors this quarter! Wahoo! Trust me, if you saw the workload that we, I mean, Avery carries, you'd know that this is no small achievement. Not to mention that the school's grading scale is all jacket up:

A = 94 - 100
B = 86 - 93
C = 78 - 85

In what warped world is an 85 a C? Good gravy! (Yeah, that's my new term; Good gravy. I just started saying it, do you like it? It's kind of Charlie Brownish, Oh, wait, I think he said "Good Grief" - where the heck did Good Gravy come from? Maybe my mind is on Thanksgiving. Oh boy, I'm getting punchy)
Anyway, we're so proud of Avery.

5 comments:

MOM said...

Yeah! That picture of him makes him look like a college professor.
I think that is what you have to be to get High Honors in PCA.

C=85? Never heard of that, ever!

Anyway, we are soooo proud of Avery! Keep up the GREAT work, Avery.

Denise said...

He looks so studious in that picture :)
Congrats on your smarty pants :)

TheKeyRing said...

These kids today -- they're just so smart. I know that Jason and Mallorie both seem so unsatisifed with anything less than an A. They work so hard.

Avery looks very handsome and quite studious in that picture.

Kristy & John said...

That's funny you mention that. When I transferred from public school to provate school in 10th grade, the grading system went from 93-100 - A, 85-92 - B, 77-84 - C and 69-76 was a D. Private went like this - 90-100 - A, 80-89 - B, 70-79 was a C
Boy was I really happy when all of my grades converted!!!

Congratulations Avery, keep up the good work!

Kristy & John said...

Oh, yeah, the only other thing about private school was that there weren't any D's. Nope, anything under a 70 was failing, no buts about it. I guess that justified the gaps between grade levels