Friday, December 07, 2007

17 Degrees

As I drive through the streets of New England (which given my commute, I do a lot of), I take note of two, no, three main things. They are (in random order):

1) Vanity plates

2) The beauty of God's creation around me (snow on miles and miles of pine trees, rivers with steam rising off them with the silhouette of a lobster boat in the distance - both of which I've seen this past week)

3) People inappropriately dressed for the weather


So, this week I saw a guy walking down the street (casually, I might mention, he wasn't jogging, or even walking fast) in shorts. I immediately checked the temperature displayed in my car and it said "17 degrees".


That's just insane. My personal challenge this winter is to beat that temperature, by running across (not over) someone who is wearing shorts in a temperature below 17 degrees. It's early in the season and I'm up for the challenge.

2 comments:

MOM said...

You probably won't have to go far. I've seen your brother wearing shorts in the winter! Actually, didn't he make a bet with Wendy a few years back that he would go make a snow angel with just his underware on if the Pat's won the Superbowl?

Opps! Hope that wasn't a family secret!!!!!!!

MaineMomKC5 said...

Lest us not forget that Amelle is one of those "underdressed for winter" people. When I picked her up for gymnastics on Tuesday, she had on Capris and ballet shoes (and a T-shirt).

She tried to tell me she wasn't cold through shivering teeth.

Shaun did make a snow angel after the Pats won the first Super Bowl - we were living in Kittery at the time. I took a picture of it, but it was quickly deleted by who-know-who.