Friday, February 01, 2008

Day 3: Grand Canyon...Lesson I

Snow
On Sunday we took a 4-hr road trip to the Grand Canyon (who knew it was in AZ) - not much of a geography buff, huh? ...But that wasn't my premier learning. My premier learning was that Arizona had snow capped mountains and temperatures that were reminicent of Maine. (Sure am glad I packed my capris!) ...we do have a shot of me standing in the snow with my capris and maryjane Crocs on - but it didn't make the top four...
(I was the passenger)

What kind of animals do they have here? At first I thought the sign was bent, but then all the signs looked that way. Do dinosaurs still live in AZ? Gosh, I can't get over the antlers on that thing - and those puny legs. We never did see a "live one" - whatever it was... but I am certain that I could've outrun it. (even with my Crocs on)

Yes, beautiful Arizona, just as I envisioned it (ha!). I believe this snowy scene was in the Flagstaff area.

Love this one. We finally arrive at the Grand Canyon and realize that the standing area before the 7000 foot drop is covered in ice, the 2 1/2 foot "ledge" didn't impress me either. Don't these people believe in rock salt?

10 comments:

KC5 said...

a real man would stand ON the ledge not 3 feet from it.

MOM said...

No, that would be a dummy who stands on the edge not a man!

T5M said...

That was sheer ice! (and he's not that coordinated)

Kristy & John said...

That my friend is a "mule deer".
My dad used to hunt them every year out in Wyoming. Their antlers are bigger than their bodies!!!!

MaineMomKC5 said...

Personally, I think the picture shows the animal squatting down, ready to make a BM. IMO.....

Jermaine looks so....small...

MaineMomKC5 said...

Oh, and where is Jermaine's bum? Did he leave it in Maine?

T5M said...

Jermaine's butt actually hopped the railing, slipped onthe icy snow, and fell 7000 feet to it's death. It's remains are now plastered on the bottom of the Grand Canyon. ...unless one of the donkey's who reguarly take tourists down there has feasted on it.

Audra said...

Erin - Rock salt is bad for the enviroment...that is why they don't put it there.

T5M said...

What are they afraid of, erosion? hee hee, it's the grand canyon!

T5M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.