Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day One: Scottsdale, AZ

It was a crisp fall day in Arizona....
I wasn't aware that Arizona got down to 37 degrees, but that's what the temp on the car said when we arrived. Jerms and I took advantage of the fact that my HR team meeting was going to be held in Scottsdale in January at an exclusive resort (that we couldn't otherwise afford). We flew out last Thursday. On Friday, the temperature soared to 62 degrees and Jerms golfed while I attended a team meeting. After our team meeting (which lasted approximately 1 hour), we went on a jeep excursion through the desert...

Three words to describe this popular tourist event: Dusty, bumpy, chilly


Here's my awesome team. I love these women!


Here are our tour guides - husband and wife duo. The woman is half Indian, the man is half pirate. Both were armed, both were scary.

Later that evening we enjoyed a cook-out under the stars - it was really nicely done. The Boulders is no joke. Fire-pit, smores with square marshmallows - need I say more?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

MaineMomKC5 said...

Sweet Niblets! Looks nice and fun and I like the cactus (or is it cacti?).

MOM said...

How was the resort? Did it meet your expectations? I didn't see any "WOWS" in your blog...... except that it was 62 degrees in Arizona and only 2 degrees in Maine. Quite a temperature change!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

looks like a neat place! funny, the girl from maine calling the jeep ride chilly! i guess you haven't completely adapted to the weather up there, huh?

Kristy & John said...

Isn't it great to be able to take advantage of each other's "work vacations". John and I have gone so many places in the past two years all on the expense of our companies!!! That resort looks really nice - rustic!

I love Sedona, AZ - I've only been there and Phoenix, loved them both!

T5M said...

Not to sound deprived of all of life's goodness, but the Boulders was probably one of the nicest places I've ever stayed - maybe it had something to do with going to bed with a real wood fire crackling every night that got me...but I loved that place!

The food was a little too "fancy" for me - $44 was quite expensive for breakfast (especially considering I got a bagel) and one of our waiters was a complete snob - but otherwise, the place was great and everyone else was super friendly!

T5M said...

...oh yeah, and the water came out of my shower head like a fire hose! It was so sweet! I vowed to take no less than three showers per day, it was an all in one, cleaning and massage! I was at the height of cleanliness during my entire stay!

(However, in comparing notes with my collegues it appears that not everyone had the water pressure that I had)