Sunday, February 10, 2008

Beckett has arrived!

Today has been an amazing day, truly one of the best in my life. Wendy called me at 6am and said that she had been up all night with contractions. We headed out to Walmart at 7am in hopes of moving things along. By noon, I was back home, things had slowed down a bit. At around 3pm Shaun and Wendy ventured off to the caucus. This outing seemed to speed things back up again. At around 5pm, they went to the hospital to get checked. She was 5cm. At 5:30 I arrived at the hospital. At that point, Wendy was still in relatively light labor. Wendy was content, she was putting mesh underwear on her head and challenging me to a wheelchair race. At 6pm her water broke. After that, it was "on". Full labor. No drugs. After about 45 minutes of contractions that made MY eyes water, the midwife gave her clearance to push. After the first push, the midwife said that she could see the head, I took a quick peak "down there", but didn't see anything. After the 2nd push Shaun motioned for me to look again, what I saw was absolutely the most incredible thing I have ever seen. Beckett's head was there...the whole thing, while the rest of his body was still nestled warmly inside his mom. Then the 3rd and most excruciating push and shoulders along with the rest of his little body flooded out and he was immediately lifted onto his mom's chest. It was an amazing moment. I am so proud of Wendy.


Wendy at 5:52pm


Wendy & Beckett at 7:02 pm


Awwwww... 7 lbs, 2 oz


The Casey men
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

KC5 said...

I am glad you could be there to share our special day- i love you

Jermaine said...

That is one handsome baby boy! Great job Wendy!

T5M said...

I'm gladder. :-)

It was awesome, I'm riding the high today....

I told Will last night that his mom was Superwoman. I'm going out at lunchtime today to see if I can find her a cape. She was AMAZING!!

MOM said...

Those pictures are priceless. Wendy and Shaun, I'm so proud of you! Lucky Beckett.....he was born into a wonderful family.

Kristy & John said...

Congrats Shaun, Wendy & Will - he's beautiful!!!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

au natural then? no drugs?! she does deserve a cape!! that's awesome that you were able to be a part of it...something you'll never forget i'm sure.

MaineMomKC5 said...

Ah shooooot (as Mater from Cars would say)........

Who needs drugs? Ha ha!! That was a tough one compared to Will. I'm glad he's here and healthy! Now if I could only get some sleep!