Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm IT!

Nancy tagged me last week, now I'm it and going to tag 5 other people by the end of this blog. This is a silly little game, the rules are:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages.)

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people.

The book is "The Watson's Go To Birmingham-1963" by Christopher Paul Curtis - it's what I'm reading (yes another children's book, and yes another Newberry Honor book).

"Byron is getting old enough to have to understand that his time for playing is running out fast, he's got to realize the world doesn't have a lot of jokes waiting for him. He's got to be ready". Dad looked at me again to make sure I was understanding.

Hmmm...maybe I should've picked a non-fiction book. For kicks, here's the 5th sentence of page 123 of my NIV bible:

The Lord said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites: 'When a man or woman wrongs another in any way and so is unfaithful to the LORD, that person is guilty and must confess the sin he has committed. He must make full restitution for his wrong, add one fifth to it and give it all to the person he has wronged. But if that person has no close relative to whom restitution can be made for the wrong, the restitiution belongs to the LORD and must be given to the priest, along with the ram with which atonement is made for him".

Yikes.

Okay, I tag: Audra, Wendy, Nicky, Pam, and Trish (Kristy: you've already been tagged by Nancy!)

3 comments:

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

thanks for playing :-)

MaineMomKC5 said...

Okay, I have to admit I hate these things. More so because I have to "tag" (aka bug) other people.

So, because I have a good excuse, I'm going to take a pass. Plus, I don't have a book next to me. But I do have a nipple shield.

T5M said...

Sour grapes...just because you don't know how to read, doesn't mean you have to poo poo the wild game of blog book tag.

Seriously - who ever thought of this funky game...????

You should make up your own blog game - something with nipples.