Saturday, February 23, 2008

Is SHE watching IT...




Or is IT watching HER?



Amaya sprained her ankle on Friday and can't really bear weight on it. It's been interesting trying to keep her occupied while she can't walk. We spent most of the morning playing with a ladybug and the water in the kitchen sink. Despite my repeated warnings ("Mr. Ladybug doesn't like the water"), eventually the two play items came in contact, and Mr. Ladybug met his untimely demise. Fortunately we have lots of ladybugs around the house, so we found others to play with (torment?). I kind of like all the ladybugs we have; they're as fun as the dog and I don't have to feed them or let them out. I suppose if I were to pick any insect to be infested with, I'd choose the ladybug, so life is good.

9 comments:

MaineMomKC5 said...

I may have to call PETA on you!

T5M said...

Amaya did it!

MaineMomKC5 said...

Sure blame it on the gimpy 2-year old!

T5M said...

It was actually self-defense. Did you see the way that ladybug was staring her down?

The Gawel's said...

How did Amaya sprain her ankle? I hope you weren't pushing the children around again(:

MOM said...

Cruel and unusual punishment for that Ladybug!

Anyway, why do you have bugs in the winter?

T5M said...

She actually did it at daycare Nicky! When they called me at work on Friday to tell me she was injured they said, "someone fell on her", my response: "was it an adult?"

I couldn't understand how she could get THAT hurt by another toddler, but when I asked Amaya what happened, she told me that "Andrew did it" (he's her little friend). I guess they got tangled up and tripped over each other and he landed on her.

The worse part is that I got Avery checked out at the same time for a sprained wrist ...I did feel like a child abuser with 2/3rds of my kids injured. For the record, he hurt it while sledding with OUR PASTOR on Thursday. I don't think it was really sprained, he's totally fine - he just liked having it wrapped up.

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

funny how we don't really think of ladybugs are real bugs! i'd rather have them then the dumb stink bugs i keep finding!
how'd she sprain her ankle?

MaineMomKC5 said...

It looks like I'll also be contacting the Maine Department of Social Services as I did not know of Avery's "injury."