Friday, February 22, 2008

Think Spring!


Avery walked through a foot of snow in shorts last weekend to deliver this to our awesome neighbors (Deb and St. Rick). They don't own a computer, so I can basically say whatever I want about them, so here it is: they rock! They are so wonderful and thoughtful. They're the kind of neighbors that try to "out-nice" us. (Don't you just hate that?) When Breyers ice cream is on sale, Deb will randomly drop off a half gallon just because she knows that Jerms likes it, they delivered a whole "welcome to the neighborhood" bag filled with goodies when Hunter moved in (even though he torments them), and the list could go on and on... The kicker is that any time I try to reciprocate in even the smallest way, they then do something even nicer for us! They're evil that way!
Rick has plowed our driveway about a million times this winter. (Jermaine's back loves Rick). I dedicate the term "think spring" to my wonderful neighbors (even though they'll never see this).

5 comments:

MOM said...

Great people, great neighbors! Spending time with Rick during your renovations, showed me a side of Rick that I truly enjoyed. He was always looking at the positive when sometimes I couldn't see past the negative. What an inspiring person!

MaineMomKC5 said...

I love Rick and Debbie! Two great people, two great neighbors!

KC5 said...

Sorry, I'm not thinking spring for -6 more weeks. Until then-All Hail Winter!

T5M said...

Wen - and you wrote that BEFORE you received the huge bag of the cutest little Gap clothes for Beckett!!! They are so thoughtful! Don't even TRY to reciprocate - they WILL WIN!!!

...she didn't want to deliver them herself because she had a cough - people without kids are so funny! Amaya was dripping snots on Beckett!!! (it's good to build up his immune system!!)

T5M said...

Wen - I think you should add a picture to your blogger account. I like when people have pictures