Monday, March 31, 2008

Just as I suspected...

Pennsylvania IS having spring! Blasted!

On Friday we ventured out of Maine in the midst of a beautiful Spring snowstorm. We arrived late Friday night, but it was still warmer in PA than it had been earlier in the afternoon when we left Maine. On Saturday we spent most of the day running around and at the House of Bethesda. However, we weren't too busy to notice the 50 degree, sunny weather AND the blooming forsythia, tulips, daffodils, dogwood trees, and that green stuff the covers the dirt...what's it called....oh yeah...grass.

Audra gave me explicit shooting instructions for the House, but my first photography assignment was a complete and utter failure. My best shot is below - #1 on the grid. The mirrored address plate with the blurred city background. I actually like that shot, but it was luck, not skill. Skill is when you see the shot in your head and then you manipulate your camera to get that shot. Luck is when you shoot a million pictures and then like one or two of them. I have learned that I am a luck photographer.

Feeling like an utter failure, I spent the afternoon on Sunday shooting the kids...they're easy. Even if the photography itself is crap, at least I can take pleasure in the subjects.



Of course the trip was another complete whirlwind. Even the kids had an agenda. Apparently somewhere on 95 South, Avery and Amelle devised an agenda for Grandmom's house...Saturday went something like this: Go to McDonalds for lunch, Grandma buy us Webkinz, Go to a movie or Chuck E Cheese, have ice cream, stay up late.

On Sunday, spring turned back into winter somewhere in Connecticut, and by NH there were patches of snow on the ground. Once we hit Maine there were no signs of grass, brown or otherwise.

Yet, there's still no place like home.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

MOM said...

Great pics! Glad you were able to experience some sign of Spring.

Kristy & John said...

It was great to be able to spend the day with you!!!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

:-( sad that i missed you guys! hopefully next time...we'll have to spend extra time with you then since we missed you this time around.
glad you got a taste of spring! i think it's supposed to get up to 68 today!

MaineMomKC5 said...

Spring schmling! Bring on summah!!

Great pics!

The Gawel's said...

I can't believe I didn't catch up with you, we are so bummed. When will you be back down? I want to plan a long weekend sometime this summer to come and see you guys!

I'll try to get some Home Depot info to you, tring to get info out of Dave is, well you probably already know.

T5M said...

Nicky! Oiy! I'm as bad at making plans as the boys! I didn't realize that you were "in" for Sunday - until I was in New York on my way home and Kristy called... Sorry about that! We'll definitely catch you next time!

Yay! I hope you do decide to come up here - the kids will love it! July/August are awesome in Maine!