Thursday, March 20, 2008

Status of Race Relations in a Bi-Racial Home

Not good this week. This is the reason why:

...and I view the unrest in our home this last week as a microcosm of what will happen in this country if Obama is elected.

Looking forward to hearing Barack's contrived political speech on race that everyone is raving about. Time to brush up on my slavery facts, black panther facts, civil rights facts, and black opression in America in general...cause they all have been brought up in the last 24 hours. America: get ready! The elephant has entered the room!

5 comments:

Kristy & John said...

Please elaborate on how you feel! Now that I am home every morning I faithfully watch Good Morning America and I have to tell you I cannot stand all of this crap about the election. If it isn't the race factor they are throwing around and all the stuff with that pastor, they would dig up some story about possible past drug use, run-ins with the law, academic status, past employment, possible sex scandles, etc. They do it to anyone running for office.

I give mad props to anyone running for the presidency because all the opponents want to do is dig up as much negativity about you as possible. It makes me sick...

The thing though that bothers me most is that uneducated and/or racistpeople are probably going to vote for him for one of two reasons: either because he is black or because the other candidate isn't black.

This is why I don't usually discuss politics...

Audra said...

I sadly don't understand the picture. Are they saying that he isn't fully black because that seems to be a fact we all know... can you elaborate on the picture?

Kristy & John said...

I just saw your "twitter" update - can you comment on that?

Anyways, I think I have the same song in my head - The one that goes "I can't wait to see you again"? It's funny but I actually like that song!!!

MaineMomKC5 said...

Don't get it....

K-Sea said...

Erin why bother watching it? You've already labeled it contrived without even seeing a minute of it so why waste the time, you've already decided it's BS.