Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fun with Photoshop...

..well not really.

Yesterday I sent Dirt a mother's day wish list: Photoshop Elements (the program Audra recommended for me to mess with my photos). Then the reminder: we already have full Photoshop (loaded on the kids' computer).

Apparently I had blacked out this memory because it involves my failure.

Several years ago I remember confidently embarking on a journey to try to self-learn Photoshop so that I could mess with my photographs way back when. After about 3 minutes (I mean 30) I realized that I didn't even know where to begin, closed the program and never tried it again (I'm very persistent).

Tonight, I re-opened the program and began playing around. I still don't know what the heck I'm doing or why so many people use this program because it's so difficult! (Don't worry, I won't be asking for help, Lord knows that information sharing is banned on this blog). But anyway, here are my masterpieces (I will expect to see them hanging on your 'frigerators).

Yes, I know you THINK you've seen this picture before, but alas, notice the fancy watercoloring effect? The talent doesn't end, I actually painted this on canvas by hand. Okay, I didn't, but that wasn't really even a lie because no one believed me (except for maybe my mother because she thinks I can do anything).



Editor's note (yeah, it's still me): the 2nd photograph didn't upload, so you only get to see one of my masterpieces. I blame this on Dirt loading Opera on the kids computer and Blogger prefers regular old Explorer.

5 comments:

MOM said...

Get Photoshop for Dummies!

T5M said...

Is that your way of saying my masterpiece sucks?

It does, I laugh at myself in front of the world!

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

did you check out the pioneer womans site? she has some really helpful tips and step-by-step instructions. she has some "actions" that you can even download.

T5M said...

Yes, I've been all over her site for the last few nights - probably what got my courage up to even try going into PS.

I may have to get Elements.

barbarakuhn said...

Nancy says when you learn something new you get more brain wrinkles. I don't know why anyone wants wrinkles of any kind but, I'm planning to learn to quilt and be creative with fabric. I understand fabric not anything technical.