Thursday, April 17, 2008

He's still "Got it"

Yesterday when Shaun brought my mom by he informed me that he'd be working in Portland today....and would you believe that his company is located in the exact same building as my company?! Nuts, right?

So of course we planned to catch up for lunch or whatever.

As we were making plans my mother interjects, "You'll have to show him around your office....all the women will say 'ohh..your brother is soooo handsome" - at which point Shaun and I busted into hysterics. As Shaun joked about his receeding hairline I quipped, "Or they might say, 'Oh, your brother is a middle-aged white man". I mean really - I love him to pieces, but let's face it, the guy is pushing 40. Yes, the swooning effect used to happen when we were in our twenties, in fact, I do recall a certain young woman who happened to be a co-worker of mine saying, "You've got to set me up with him" (and well-la...15 years later...).

I digress.

So today, while I was in the kitchen chatting with a co-worker, who walks in, but Audra....with Shaun in tow. We visited for a few minutes, took him on a mini-tour, and then parted ways.

About an hour later, I ran into the co-worker I had been speaking with and wouldn't you know it, "Your brother is a handsome guy" (she actually said it twice, but the second one could've been an effort to revive me from the soundless look of bewilderment)

AHHHHHHHH!!!! LOL! He's still got it after all! Nice! 39 1/2 Shauno - apparenly you wear it well!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh man!! I remember you showing me a picture of Shaun way back when - however, I think my reaction was more like, "He's alright."

T5M said...

Your memory deceives you. From the moment you saw him, the big game hunt was ON and you were the huntress, my friend.

K-Sea said...

going shopping for a Corvette today (i stole that joke from Wendy)

Audra said...

Am I the only deer around here??? Wendy and Erin are big game hunters and I demurely wait for my men to hunt me

T5M said...

Shaun - make sure you take your toupee off before riding around town with the top down.

Audra - no comment. Ok, just one: You weren't very demure in the post office square yesterday. "I don't even know you!"

MOM said...

Well, it seems to me that he still "Got it". In fact, he will have "it" til the day I die!

K-Sea said...

I went for a run today, I ran by a construction site..all women workers..they whistled. About a mile down the road a Jeep full of Co-eds passed by me while exposing their breasts. I am Back!

T5M said...

Wendy - how has it been sharing the bed with Shaun and his new inflated head...or have you been relinquished to the sofa?

MaineMomKC5 said...

Between his big head, his inflated chest and the mirror he now sleeps with, there is no room for me in the bed. Which is fine by me!!